The Strath Haven Middle School Home and School Association is organized and operated to foster the education of the Strath Haven High School students and contribute to a positive school community. (If the term “Home and School” is new to you, it is like a Parent Teacher Association except it is not affiliated with the National PTA, an organization based in Chicago that requires yearly dues.)
- promoting a better understanding among parents and guardians, teachers, administrators, and community by fostering open, two-way communication;
- presenting to parents and teachers through public meetings and study groups an opportunity to learn about topics of interest or concern to them;
- sharing with the Wallingford –Swarthmore Board of School Directors issues of interest or concern to the members of the Association;
- promoting the education and enjoyment of the school community by sponsoring special events, and
- supporting and improving the school community by providing financial assistance for special programs and projects with emphasis on projects that will have the greatest positive impact.