The following is a list of supplies needed for incoming 6th graders.
Language Arts (red)
- one 1 ½ or 2 inch binder (filled with loose leaf paper)
- red pocket folder (heavy vinyl or plastic, three-hole punched recommended)
- two highlighters (yellow)
- one pack of 3 x 5 note cards
- one box of colored pencils (to be kept in the LA classroom)
- pencils, pencils, pencils! ☺
Social Studies (blue)
- one 1-subject notebook
- blue pocket folder (heavy vinyl or plastic recommended)
- one ultra-fine tip black Sharpie
- one fine-tip black Sharpie
- one box of colored pencils
- white one 1-subject notebook
- white pocket folder (heavy vinyl or plastic recommended)
World Language/Other (green)
- Spanish: 6th grade Spanish students should have a binder for Spanish class with 5 sections in it
- French: folder and a notebook
- German: a SEPARATE 1/2″ 3 ring binder, dividers, colored pencils
- Chinese: three ring binder
- a separate Math binder (1 ½ in. or 2 in. binder)
- a BLACK pocket folder
- a BLACK graph notebook (additional paper may be needed throughout the year)
- 5 dividers with labels
- Pencil pouch (large enough to hold calculator, ruler, and pencils/erasers)
- Jumbo book cover (or paper bag is fine)
- Any version of the TI 30 Scientific Calculator
- Graph paper
- a folder (student choice for color/design)
- Official SHMS Physical Education T-Shirt
- Athletic black shorts or black sweatpants (Designs are allowed on athletic wear.)
The School Store sells both the SHMS Physical Education T-Shirt and Black Athletic Shorts.
And Finally–LOTS OF PENCILS!
Have a Great Summer!!
Stay tuned for an updated new website, calendar and directory for 2017-2018! We are busy working on those items plus some new fun for the coming year.
For your incoming 6th Graders, please SAVE THE DATE:
Thank you for your support of this successful Foundation event! See you next year.
Shop & Support The WSSD Foundation Golf Outing
Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 | 7:00 PM
25% Of Sales Will Be Donated
550 Elm Avenue
Swarthmore, PA 19081 (map)
If you can’t make it you can shop online and proceeds go to the Foundation. https://www.stelladot.com/ts/dw2q6
There is not going to be an Arts4Smarts Auction this year – instead the Foundation will be having a Golf Outing at Springhaven on MONDAY, MAY 15. http://supportwssd.org/our-events/a-golf-outing/
A message from Dr. Palmer, Superintendent of WSSD…
My recent e-blast on the proposed property tax elimination legislation has certainly created a buzz around our community, so much so that a town hall meeting with our legislators has been suggested. To that end, I have been in contact with Representative Kruger-Braneky and Senators Killion and McGarrigle. I am happy to report that all are agreeable to attending a town hall meeting on the important topic of education.
You are invited to attend this town hall meeting with our legislators on Friday, March 24th, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM, in the Strath Haven High School auditorium. Parking will be provided in the Middle School (lower lot) as well as the High School (limited number of spots). Please consider carpooling to the event so we can accommodate a large number of individuals.
By Thursday evening you are going to NEED to get out of the house…join us at our March Home and School Association monthly meeting. There are a lot of exciting things happening at our school! Join us to hear what is new, interact with one of our principals and a teacher, or meet other parents. SEE YOU THURSDAY at 7pm in our school library!
The Little Mermaid
Strath Haven Middle School
Spring Musical March 9 – 12, 2017
Come visit the “HAVEN SNACK BARGE” during intermission!
All items $1
Sea Glass (Skittles/Starburst) – $1
Sebastian Cakes (Rice Krispy Treats) – $1
Undersea Friends (Sour Patch/Swedish Fish) – $1
Pirate Treasure (Ring Pops) – 2 for $1
Shark Bait (Fruit Snacks) – 2 for $1
Coral Sticks (Twizzlers) – 4 for $1
Flounder Cakes (Soft Pretzels) – $1
Sea Water (bottles water) – $1
Proceeds benefit SHMS Home and School Association
Due to the SHMS faculty/student basketball game on this Thursday, February 16th, we have rescheduled our monthly Home and School Association meeting to next week. Instead of gathering on the third Thursday of the month we will look forward to seeing you on Thursday, February 23rd from 7-8pm in the SHMS library.
Please join us in the middle school gym this Thursday, 2/16, at 7pm as we continue to help the 8th graders support their class service project–the Connor Holland Foundation!